WELCOME TO OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF MINISTRY OF FISHERIES, ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS, RURAL INDUSTRIES, ELECTRICITY, RURAL & ESTATE INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENTRead More
A land of livestock and self-sufficient by 2025.
Provision of technical services required for the development of all aspects of livestock sector in a quality, quantitative and efficient manner.
Southern Provincial Department of Animal Production and Health is a Southern Provincial Government Institution providing quality and efficient services to all sectors of livestock sector in Southern Province.
Currently under the Southern Provincial Council, the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Production & Development, Environmental Affairs, Rural Industries, Power and Rural and Estate Infrastructure Development.
The Department of Animal Production and Health is overseen by the Department of Animal Husbandry located at Getambe, Peradeniya.
Three District Offices consisting of three Deputy Directors and veterinary offices administered by a veterinary officer according to the Divisional Secretariat Divisions.
* Increasing the production capacity of livestock in the Southern Province.
* Southern Province to be self-sufficient in livestock.
* Improving socio-economic status of animal husbandry farmers.
* Contribute to enhance the self-employment opportunities in the livestock sector.
* Become a technical pilot in the livestock sector.
* Acting as a facilitator for livestock development.
* Acting as a guide and guide in the field of livestock.
1. Carrying out animal breeding activities.
2. Animal Health and Disease Control.
3. Extension services and training activities.
4. Development and dissemination of animal feed sources.
5. Planning, implementation and follow up of livestock development projects in the province.
6. Promotion of marketing of animal products.
7. Collecting, storing and analyzing data related to animal products Preparation of plans.
8. Implement laws and regulations relating to livestock sector.